Now that my 2014 wedding season has come to a close, I finally have a chance to catch-up (again) on my blogging. For the second year in a row, my calendar for July included a wedding at SUNY Oswego's Fallbrook Recreation Center. Located about a mile and a half away from the main campus, Fallbrook is optimal for summertime weddings, as there's plenty of open space outside for younger guests to run and play, while the barn offers plenty of room for seating and dancing.
Dawn and John held their ceremony outside on the lawn. Immediately afterward, guests moved to a cocktail hour on the outdoor deck, where a live musician performed. Since I was needed for neither the ceremony or the cocktail hour, I was able to set-up in the barn while everything else was happening. Once it was time for guests to move into the barn, I took over. After making a brief announcement to invite guests into the barn and take their seats, the wedding party was introduced, the blessing was offered, and dinner hour was underway. Toasts were held during the middle of dinner, followed by the newlyweds dancing with the parents to close-out the dinner hour.
As usual, here are the "key" songs from the evening, for future customers seeking some inspiration:
- Wedding Party Intros: Pretenders / I'll Stand By You
- First Dance: Etta James / At Last
- Bride / Father Dance: George Strait / I Cross My Heart
- Groom / Mother-in-Law Dance: Randy Newman / You’ve Got a Friend in Me
- Cake Cutting: Archies / Sugar Sugar, followed by Tim McGraw / My Best Friend
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce / Single Ladies
- Garter Toss: ZZ Top / Legs
- Last Dance of the Night for Everyone: Medley & Warnes / (I’ve Had) The Time of My Life
- Last Dance of the Night for Bride and Groom: Lee Brice / A Woman Like You
Lighting conditions in the barn made it difficult to get as many photos as I usually like, but here are a handful to show the equipment set-up and the crowd.
After the reception, Dawn posted a 5-star review of my services on WeddingWire! Here's what she wrote:
Peter was a dream. I felt overwhelmed by all the decisions still needed. Peter was so helpful having suggetions, even some ideas that coordinated with other vendors. He helped me feel more in control after our meetings. Everyone has complimented our wedding and I know Peter deserves some of that credit!
Thanks, Dawn, for choosing me to be your wedding reception DJ! I'm glad to hear you received compliments, and it was an honor and a pleasure to be a part of your special day.