Bethany and Andy's wedding reception was among the highlights of the 2013 wedding season for me... not to "play favorites" among my customers, but I've known Bethany and her family since she, her brothers and I were all in the same elementary school (Go, Stokes Eagles!), so it was an honor to DJ this reception, and it was great to catch-up with friends and neighbors "from back home," some of whom I literally haven't seen since high school.
Even though the bride's family and I grew up in Rome, it turned out that Bethany and Andy now live just a few minutes away from me in one direction, and their reception was held just a few minutes away in the other direction, at Traditions at the Links in East Syracuse. Small world, huh?
As per the tradition here on my blog, before we get to the photos, here's what Bethany and Andy selected for the night's key songs:
- Wedding Party Intros: Queen / You’re My Best Friend
- First Dance: Elton John / Your Song
- Bride / Father Dance: Heartland / I Loved Her First
- Groom / Mother Dance: Urszula Sipińska, Cudownych rodzicow mam (Note: This is a Polish-language song, and the title translates to "I have wonderful parents")
- Married Couples Dance-Off: Beatles / When I’m Sixty-Four (all the married couples were invited to the floor, and I gradually "eliminated" couples by counting up until we had the winning couple, married 43 years!)
- Cake Cutting: Plain White T’s / 1-2-3-4
- Bouquet Toss: Queen / Somebody to Love
This reception was also unique in that, a little bit after dinner, we sent everyone outside onto a deck adjoining the reception... to watch a live fireworks show just for Bethany and Andy's guests! Traditions at the Links allowed for the fireworks to be set-off from the golf course out back. Of course, taking photos of fireworks can be a challenge, but I managed to get one decent firework shot among the many photos I took during the evening:
Once again, it was an honor and a pleasure to help Bethany and Andy celebrate their big day! I'd also recommend Traditions at the Links - great venue, great food, and one of the most spacious dance floors in the area!