Even though I've been doing weddings for quite some time now, it's always neat to add new venues to the list of places where I've performed. The Emerson Park Pavilion, along the shore of Owasco Lake in Auburn, provided a historic and classy location for Leanna and Peter Underwood's wedding ceremony and reception. And although the skies looked questionable, we were very lucky that the weather cooperated just long enough for the ceremony to take place outdoors as planned.
The ceremony took place closer to the lake, and the cocktail hour was also outdoors, but protected by the large covered porch behind the pavilion building. Just a few minutes after everyone made their way back up from the ceremony, we got a light sprinkling of rain... just made it!
And as you'll see in the photos below, everyone had a great time!
As always, here were the bride and groom's choices for the big songs of the night:
- Ceremony Processional: James Horner / The Ludlows
- Ceremony Bridal Entrance: Same song, but crossfaded right to a specific violin solo that normally appears later in the song
- Ceremony Recessional: The Piano Guys / A Thousand Years
- Wedding Party Intros: Clips from different songs were played for each couple entering the room.
- Bride and Groom Entrance: Lady Gaga/Applause
- First Dance: Anberlin / Inevitable
- Bride / Father Dance: Chuck Wicks / Stealing Cinderella
- Groom / Mother Dance: Rascal Flatts / My Wish
- Cake Cutting: Michael Buble / Everything
- Bouquet Toss: Beyonce / Single Ladies
- Garter Toss: Troggs / Wild Thing
- Bouquet/Garter winners' song: Little Big Town / Little White Church
The first few photos show you what a nice location Emerson Park provides for a lakeside wedding ceremony, and then we move inside for the reception.
I'd like to thank Leanna for taking the time to post this very kind 5-star review on WeddingWire afterwards:
Peter Naughton was fantastic! My husband and I were living in Virginia when we started to plan our wedding so we never got to set up a face to face meeting but Peter always made himself available to talk on the phone, or e-mail or skype. My husband had chosen a non-traditional processional song for our entrance and we had a decent size bridal party and a very long walk! Peter was able to loop the song multiple times to ensure the song was long enough without flaw! It was perfect and beautiful. He was so accommodating with our entrance into the ceremony as well! We wanted our bridal party to each come into their own song. Peter is knowledgeable, professional, and easy to talk and work with and is very organized. He gave us options and brought up questions that we would have never thought of! We most definitely recommend Peter Naughton!!
Leanna and Peter, thanks again for selecting me to be your DJ! I'm so glad you were pleased with my services and I wish you all the best for a wonderful marriage.