It was with much pleasure that I had the honor of providing music and emcee duties at the wedding of Becca and Mike. I first met Mike shortly after I met the woman who would become my own wife, back in 2009. He's a great guy and my wife and I were very happy for him when he met Becca. From the time we were all first introduced, it was apparent that Mike and Becca had something special and we just knew there would eventually be some wedding bells. Fast-forward to September 13, 2014... at the Frog Pond Bed and Breakfast in Skaneateles.
As you may have guessed, the Frog Pond isn't just a bed and breakfast. This scenic venue, in a quiet area a few miles outside the actual Village of Skaneateles, also has a rustic carriage barn which served as the venue for the reception. Cocktail hour was held outside on an adjacent brick-paved patio area, while dinner was held under a giant party tent behind the barn. My DJ table was set-up in a corner of the barn next to a door which led immediately out to the cocktail and dinner areas. This allowed me to provide sound both indoors and outdoors at the same time, by having one speaker inside and the other speaker (fed by a very long cable) outside.
If you've been reading my blog posts regularly, you know I always like to share some of the newlyweds' key song selections from the evening:
- Ceremony Processional: Piano Guys / A Thousand Years
- Ceremony Recessional: Ray LaMontagne / You Are the Best Thing
- Wedding Party Intros: Lady Gaga / Applause
- First Dance: Ray LaMontagne / Let It Be Me
- Bride / Father Dance: Paul Simon / Father and Daughter
- Groom / Mother Dance: Ben Harper / Happy Ever After in Your Eyes
- Bride / Stepfather Dance: Paul Simon / Father and Daughter
- Cake Cutting: Ben Folds / Gracie
- Bouquet Toss: Cyndi Lauper / Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Last Dance of the Night for Everyone: Ray LaMontagne / Hold You in My Arms
And now, the photos -- and for the first time in awhile, I had a "real" camera, rather than just my phone. And for the first time in an even longer while, my wife was along so you'll even see a photo of me and the entire setup while working... the kind of shot that's impossible for me to take when I'm flying solo.
All in all, a great night had by all. Food was excellent, the crowd was great. Mike and Becca picked several songs in advance, and they knew just what their guests would enjoy. The dance floor was busy all night long!