Back to blogging -- finally! It's been a busy summer. For this wedding, it's a road trip southeast of Syracuse to the charming village of Hamilton, in Madison County. Actually, I didn't even see the village for Nicole and Paul's wedding reception -- for this wonderful late June evening, friends and family converged on the White Eagle Conference Center, a few miles outside of the village. And you'll see in this post, this wedding reception was unique in more ways than one.
First and foremost, this wedding reception was unique in that it's perhaps the only (or maybe just the second?) time ever that the entire thing came together without a single face-to-face meeting beforehand. Nicole and Paul live down in Norwich -- so it was easier for them to just meet "virtually" over the phone and via email. Everything came together as planned!
In the photos, you'll also see the unique setup for the reception hall -- instead of being on the dance floor, they have the DJ set up on a balcony overlooking the floor. While it felt unusual to be farther away from the dance floor, it was nice to crank up the speakers from up above, and it was nice to have a larger area to cover with my dance lights. The lighting truss, which is normally up over my table, was basically right in front of me this time, since I was already well above the dance floor -- and only needed the lights to be high enough to get over the balcony railing.
- Wedding Party Intros: Black Eyed Peas / I Gotta Feeling
- Bride and Groom Entrance: Randy Travis / Forever and Ever, Amen
- First Dance: Christina Perri / A Thousand Years
- Bride / Father Dance: Tim McGraw / My Little Girl
- Groom / Mother Dance: Randy Travis / Angels
- Cake Cutting: Enya / Only Time
- Bouquet Toss: Cyndi Lauper / Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
- Garter Toss: Warrant / Cherry Pie
- Last Dance of the Night for Everyone: Rodney Atkins / These Are My People
- Last Dance of the Night for Bride and Groom: Adam Sandler / Wanna Grow Old With You
Here are some photos -- admittedly, it was a challenge to get close-ups from my perch but I always like to try to include some!
A wonderful evening at a beautiful facility. The serving staff was top notch and the crowd loved all of the music, from country to disco, to top 40 and some oldies. Here's what Nicole posted on my Facebook page:
Peter thanks for an awesome job at the wedding reception - We will highly recommend you to anyone looking for a DJ. Paul, my self and all of our friends and family thought you were great !!
Congratulations again to Nicole and Paul -- it was a great time and I was glad to be a part of your special day!