What a great way to wrap-up the 2023 wedding season! Morgan and Eric's wedding introduced me to Best View Barn in Munnsville, high above the hills between Oneida and Morrisville. Check out the song choices, photos and more in today's blog post!
The trickiest part of this wedding was whether or not the ceremony would take place outside -- one app said it would rain, another app said it would just be cloudy... and looking at the skies, it was anyone's guess where things would be at ceremony time.
Ultimately, the rain held off for most of the evening, and the ceremony was held on the sweeping back lawn, overlooking a pond and the hills in the distance. The barn's back deck provided a great vantage point to oversee the proceedings, with plenty of space for my canopy tent, protecting my equipment just in case we got a sprinkle at any point. This was another wedding where I was very pleased with my decision to add a wireless speaker to my arsenal this year.
I also loved how the uplighting enhanced the sweetheart table, and how the wall uplights reached all the way up the barn's tall walls!
Morgan and Eric's Key Song Choices
- Processional (Groomsmen): Tyler Childers / In Your Love
- Processional (Bridesmaids): Tori Kelly & Ed Sheeran / I Was Made for Loving You
- Processional (Flower Girl & Ringbearer): Beatles / Here Comes the Sun
- Grand Entrance: Jon Bryant / Wilderness
- Recessional: Motley Crue / Kickstart My Heart
- Wedding party intros: Whoomp! There It Is; Old Time Rock & Roll; Here for the Party; Old Town Road; California Love; Drunk on a Plane
- Newlyweds' intros: Steelheart / I’ll Never Let You Go
- First Dance: Tom Walker / Just You and I (acoustic)
- Father / Bride Dance: Trace Adkins / Just Fishin’
- Groom / Mother Dance: Morgan Wallen / Thought You Should Know
- Cake Cutting: Def Leppard / Pour Some Sugar on Me
- Last Dances of the Night: Kip Moore / Wild Ones; Rehab / Bartender Song
After the ceremony was over, the cocktail hour found some guests going inside for warmth and others opting to stay out on the back deck. After syncing the cocktail hour music between my sound systems,
I moved my wireless speaker from the lawn to the deck, then switched the speaker over to the other system so we could still have music out back, while allowing me a chance to tear down the rest of the equipment I had on the back deck.
Best View Barn Wedding DJ Photo Highlights
As always, just a few shots from the DJ booth with a reminder I'm not a professional photographer... Click on any photo for a larger version.
And here are some of the incredible shots from Morgan and Eric's professional photographers, Mackenzie Jo Photography:
Here's the 5-star review Morgan wrote after the wedding:
Peter was extremely professional, so easy to work with and he did an amazing job. I loved that he had a link he sent to couples where we could plan out the entire day with song choices and time line so he’d have it all right there at his fingertips. Peter did an amazing job and kept people on the dance floor all night, right up until the last song. We never worried about a single thing. Everyone had SO much fun, especially us! We’d book him again in a heart beat.
Thank you, Morgan, for the awesome review!! Again, this was such an incredible wedding to wrap up the 2023 wedding season... Thanks again to Morgan and Eric and to all of my 2023 couples for choosing me as your wedding DJ! I appreciate your business and your trust, and I wish you all the best for decades of love and happiness together!